Monday, July 30, 2007

How to configure SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2005 for Load Balancing

I should begin this post by mentioning that currently SQL Server 2005 Integration Services does not support Network Load Balancing (NLB) in the traditional sense.  You can't just string together a series of SSIS servers, point them at a list of jobs and expect them to chew through them dependent upon available processing time and bandwidth.

Instead Microsoft recommends a "manual procedure" to perform SSIS load balancing.  I am posting this for my own reference in the future, but it might come in handy to others searching for the same information.  Here is a link to the info on MSDN.

1 comment:

Hotels Denver Co Airport said...

Very interesting article here friend. I like your blog theme, I wanna appreciated you for being such kind ! Anyway thank you for this great post!